- Substantial former food processing plant and warehouse facility complex with additional land extending in total to approx. 133,805 sqft (12,430 sqm).
- Large external yard, staff car park and circulation areas serving the main buildings.
- Total site area of approximately 14.81 acres (5.99 hectares) including approximately 6.7 acres (2.71 hectares) of farmland to the rear of the facility.
- Occupying a semi-rural location within the village of Amotherby, approximately 2.5 miles west of Malton via the B1257, with links to the A1(M) and M1 motorway.
- Of interest to owner occupiers, investors and developers.
- Offers in the region of £2.9 million are invited for the freehold interest with benefit of vacant possession upon completion, reflecting a low capital value of circa. £22 per square foot.
The property comprises a former food processing plant providing a large range of industrial/warehouse and office buildings extending in approx. 133,805 sqft (12,430 sqm) with extensive hardstanding external yard and generous parking provision on a developed site area extending in total to approximately 8.08 acres or thereabouts.
The main factory/warehouse buildings extend to approx. 123,505 sqft (11,474 sqm) and comprises a range of single-storey detached buildings being a mixture of steel frame and brick construction and having an internal eaves height ranging from approximately 4.5 to 5 metres. The buildings provide large open plan production areas with separate storage and packing facilities having loading access doors leading from the yard areas.
The offices on site are located in 3 separate buildings, extending in total to approx. 9,700 sqft (901 sqm) being of modern and traditional brick construction. The administration and single storey office buildings are of a modern standard, having suspended ceiling with inset LED lighting and carpeted flooring.
The property also includes a parcel of agricultural land immediately to the south and east of the developed site extending to approximately 6.7 acres or thereabouts with access via an unmade roadway to the side of the main property.
The property occupies a semi-rural location within the village of Amotherby situated approximately 2.5 miles west of Malton with access from the B1257.
Malton is a popular historic market town known as the ‘Food Capital of Yorkshire’ located on the historic boundary between the North and East Ridings of Yorkshire and north of the River Derwent.
The town supports a range of amenities including the offices of Ryedale District Council and is strategically located on the main A64 trunk road being approximately 17 miles northeast of York, 36 miles northwest of Hull and 44 miles northeast of Leeds.
The A64 is the main trunk road leading from A1(M) and M1 east of Leeds with junction 44 of the A1(M) being approximately 34 miles southwest of Malton. The B1257 road links Malton to the A1470 trunk road to the north west linking the towns of Helmsley and Thirsk to the A1(M).