- Substantial four storey Grade II listed retail/residential conversion opportunity extending in total to approx. 3,581 sqft. (332.74 sqm.).
- Prominent and established town centre location situated amongst a variety of national and independent traders including Lakeland, Jessops, Blacks and Pizza Express.
- The property lends itself suitable for a variety of retail and commercial uses whilst also offering the opportunity for residential conversion of the upper floors, for which a planning application has recently been approved.
- The property is offered For Sale by private treaty with the benefit of vacant possession on completion.
- Offers around £650,000 are invited for the freehold interest.
The property occupies a prominent and established retail position close to the junction with Mardol Head amongst a variety of national and independent traders including Lakeland, Jessops, Blacks and Pizza Express. The Shrewsbury Market Hall and Darwin Shopping Centre are nearby with on street parking available in the immediate vicinity with large pay and display car parks in Hill’s Lane. The property also has the benefit of a pedestrian access from Claremont Street.
Shrewsbury is the County Town and administrative centre of Shropshire, strategically located at the intersection of the main A49 and A5 trunk road approximately 55 miles north west of Birmingham, 18 miles west of Telford and 40 miles south of Chester.
This attractive property comprises a substantial Grade II listed building of traditional brick construction arranged over four floors extending in total to approx. 3,581 sqft. (332.74 sqm.).
The property provides extensive accommodation throughout with the ground floor comprising a spacious and versatile open plan retail area extending to approx. 1,400 sqft. (130.06 sqm) having kitchenette and storage facilities and an attractive glazed display frontage to Mardol. Staff toilets and storage area are located on the first floor with additional storage to the upper floors.
Given the proportions and flexibility of the accommodation the property lends itself suitable for a variety of retail and commercial uses whilst also offering the opportunity for residential conversion of the upper floors.
Planning has been approved for the renovation of the property to include 4 residential units on the upper floors and a commercial premises on the ground floor.
Planning Ref: 22/02212/LBC