Towler Shaw Roberts have a wealth of expertise and experience in advising Landlords and Tenants in all areas of Dilapidations. Our knowledge of the Dilapidations Pre-Action Protocol and relevant case law together with our negotiating skills have enabled us to resolve potential disputes to the clients satisfaction and provide advice to allow clients to make informed decisions. Some of the areas of advice we provide include the following:
- Terminal Schedules of Dilapidations – where tenants have indicated their intentions to vacate or where a lease is coming to an end we provide strategic advice on dilapidations and prepare and serve the formal Schedule in accordance with the Pre-action Protocol for Dilapidations (Civil Procedures Rule)
- Interim Schedules of Dilapidations – where a tenant is not undertaking the necessary repairs to maintain the property we can prepare an Interim Schedule to be served with a Notice of Repair on the tenant and supervise any subsequent works to ensure they are undertaken correctly.
- Terminal & Interim Schedules of Dilapidations – we advise tenants on their obligations under the Lease and whether Schedules received are correct and relevant. Where appropriate we also provide expert advice to defend any Claim for Damages made by a Landlord. However, we aim to reach an agreement with the Landlord on what works are to be undertaken or negotiate an acceptable financial settlement on behalf of the tenant.
- Schedule of Condition – essential in limiting a tenants liabilities to repair. We prepare detailed Schedules to be attached to a new Lease.
Assessment of Cost of Dilapidations Liabilities
- We provide this service for tenants seeking to make a provision for such liabilities in their balance sheet or where such a provision already exists, for auditing purposes. We also advise Landlords where an assessment of cost is required for Lease surrender negotiations.